Migrant worker population of Sri Lanka has increased significantly over the years, and become the major source of foreign currency inflows to the country. “MoneyGram” and “Western Union” money transfer services are highly popular among Sri Lankan migrant worker population as the main money transfer options to Sri Lanka. In this article I am going to introduce another four fund transfer options providing cost effective, safe and speedy remittance service to Sri Lankan migrant population. 1. Eurogiro Postal Network Eurogiro is a global payment community that connects s thousands of Post Officers globally and also banks and other payment handlers in almost every part of the world and both rural and urban areas for cross boarder payment transactions. More than 500,000 branches and post offices and more than 4 billion people in Africa, Asia, America, Middle East and Europe are within reach for payments between Eurogiro members. Many of these people can also be reached via their accounts. National Savings Bank is the local agent for the Eurogiro community in Sri Lanka and introduces the easiest and the most trusted way to send money from member institutions of Eurogiro. This facility is available at every Post Office in the following countries.
- South Korea 3000 Post Offices in South Korea at a lowest cost US $8 per transaction. Beneficiary accounts at NSB will be credited on the same day
- Israel 700 Israel Post Offices at a lowest cost US $ 15 per Transaction. Beneficiary accounts at NSB will be credited on the same day
- Italy 14,000 Post Officers in Italy and funds should transfer in EUROs at a cost of EURO 2.58 for registered customers or EURO 10.33 for unregistered customer’s per transaction basis. Registration fee for Eurogiro system would cost EURO’s 12.58. Beneficiary accounts at NSB will be credited on the same day
- Germany Deutsche Post
Sandun joined Lanka Help Magazine as a contributor in June, 2011. He has been consistently writing articles to our magazine. Many useful articles of this site are under Sandun's name.
Latest posts by Sandun W (see all)
- The Success Story of Soma Edirisinghe - December 19, 2013
- “Abhinayana Sampath-Ratna Rangabhumika” Drama Festival - December 17, 2013
- How to get your Revenue License Online – A step by step description - December 16, 2013