The Department of Motor Traffic (DMT) has introduced a “whole -of – Government” service counter for the benefit of vehicle owners in Western Province, making it easy for vehicle owners to register their vehicles, obtain revenue licenses, buy insurance cover and carry out vehicle emission tests under one roof. The aim is to implement a one-stop shop concept for the convenient of vehicle owners through a computer network connecting the department and the provincial departments of motor traffic. The officers manning this counter use the e-revenue license system which is connected to data bases of both departments of motor traffic offices at Narahenpita and Maligawatta. Since the system is connected to 40 divisional secretariats in the western province, the vehicle owners can go to any of the secretariats and get the revenue license. Vehicle owner with Internet and a mobile phone facility can go to Sri Lanka’s “Country Portal” web site or to the mobile portal to get e-revenue license. Although this e-revenue license facility was introduced in the year 2010, most of the vehicle owners in the Western Province are unaware of this great service. The both DTM and ICTA in a process to promote this facility and announces a 25% discount will be given for the vehicle owners in Western Province using this facility on 21st to 23rd December 2013. I have used this service from the date of inception and recently renewed my revenue license for the 4th consecutive year. Following is a step by step description to getting your revenue license online. Before you process your application online, please ensure that you are the registered owner of the vehicle, have a valid Insurance Certificate and Vehicle Emission Test Certificate from any of the supported companies listed below. Insurance Companies: Asian Alliance Insurance PLC, Amana Takaful PLC, AIA Insurance Lanka PLC, Ceylinco Insurance PLC, HNB Assurance PLC, Janashakthi Insurance PLC, Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation, Union Assurance PLC, Allianz Insurance Lanka Ltd, Continental Insurance Lanka Limited Vehicle Emission Test Companies: Clean Co Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, LAUGFS Eco Sri (Pvt) Ltd Now let’s move step by step to get your revenue license online. 1. Log in to the www.srilanka.lk website (tri lingual) and register providing a valid email address and a password. (A copy of the temporary revenue license will be mailed to this address). 2.Then find the e-revenue license portlet and add it to your personalized portal.
- Click on “My Space” tab
- Click on Add Services link
- Click on “Government Services”
- From the expanded list of “Government Services” click on“e-Revenue License” link
- Then it will expand to show two available services. If you want to re-new the license click on “Revenue License” link
- The eRL portlet will be added to your personalized portal.
- Log in to the site.
- Click on the “Public Space” button in the top left hand corner of the site
- Click on “Forum”
- Then select the “e-revenue license portlet” category.
- Then click “Post new Thread” (just next to the search box appear in yellow color)
- Post your problem briefly giving necessary information
- Site admin will reply you within 24 hours (visit the same place to check whether you received a reply by site administrator)
Sandun joined Lanka Help Magazine as a contributor in June, 2011. He has been consistently writing articles to our magazine. Many useful articles of this site are under Sandun's name.
Latest posts by Sandun W (see all)
- The Success Story of Soma Edirisinghe - December 19, 2013
- “Abhinayana Sampath-Ratna Rangabhumika” Drama Festival - December 17, 2013
- How to get your Revenue License Online – A step by step description - December 16, 2013