The Department of Motor Traffic (DMT) has introduced a “whole -of – Government” service counter for the benefit of vehicle owners in Western Province, making it easy for vehicle owners to register their vehicles, obtain revenue licenses, buy insurance cover and carry out vehicle emission tests under one roof. The aim is to implement a one-stop shop concept for the convenient of vehicle owners through a computer network connecting the department and the provincial departments of motor traffic. The officers manning this counter use the e-revenue license system which is connected to data bases of both departments of motor traffic offices at Narahenpita and Maligawatta. Since the system is connected to 40 divisional secretariats in the western province, the vehicle owners can go to any of the secretariats and get the revenue license.
Vehicle owner with Internet and a mobile phone facility can go to Sri Lanka’s “Country Portal” web site or to the mobile portal to get e-revenue license. Although this e-revenue license facility was introduced in the year 2010, most of the vehicle owners in the Western Province are unaware of this great service. The both DTM and ICTA in a process to promote this facility and announces a 25% discount will be given for the vehicle owners in Western Province using this facility on 21st to 23rd December 2013.
I have used this service from the date of inception and recently renewed my revenue license for the 4th consecutive year. Following is a step by step description to getting your revenue license online.
Before you process your application online, please ensure that you are the registered owner of the vehicle, have a valid Insurance Certificate and Vehicle Emission Test Certificate from any of the supported companies listed below.
Asian Alliance Insurance PLC, Amana Takaful PLC, AIA Insurance Lanka PLC, Ceylinco Insurance PLC, HNB Assurance PLC, Janashakthi Insurance PLC, Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation, Union Assurance PLC, Allianz Insurance Lanka Ltd, Continental Insurance Lanka Limited
Vehicle Emission Test Companies:
Clean Co Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, LAUGFS Eco Sri (Pvt) Ltd
Now let’s move step by step to get your revenue license online.
1. Log in to the www.srilanka.lk website (tri lingual) and register providing a valid email address and a password. (A copy of the temporary revenue license will be mailed to this address).
2.Then find the e-revenue license portlet and add it to your personalized portal.
- Click on “My Space” tab
- Click on Add Services link
- Click on “Government Services”
- From the expanded list of “Government Services” click on“e-Revenue License” link
- Then it will expand to show two available services. If you want to re-new the license click on “Revenue License” link
- The eRL portlet will be added to your personalized portal.
3.You can get the “First License” or “Renew License”. Click on “Renew License” button.
4. You need to give your vehicle no, previous revenue license no and chassis no of your vehicle and press OK.
5. If the vehicle owner’s name displayed is correct, click on “Confirm” button.
6. You should have a valid vehicle insurance policy and carried out the emission test and passed the test.
7. Select those companies from drop down lists and click on “Validate” button
8. If you get “Valid” results for both above, you can proceed to pay by clicking on “Pay” button
9. System will mention the amount you should pay (A convenience fee will be charged for using this service.) and ask whether you wish to continue. To proceed you should click on” Continue” button.
10. You will be connected to “Lanka Government Payment Services” to select the payment gateway. You can select any Visa, Master or Amex Credit Cards or eZCash mobile payment mechanism
11. Once the Payment is successful, the system will confirm it and give you a reference number for the transaction and the original license will be sent to the vehicle owner’s address by registered post.
12. You can print a receipt with a temporary license which will have all above information
13. If you want to check the status of your online renewal request next or following day you may log in and click “Check Status´ button.
14. Send a SMS to GovSMS – 1919 by using the code below to verify the validity of your vehicle revenue license. dmt rls
If you encounter a problem during your process you can get help from either site administrator or by calling 1919 Government Information Centre” which is open 14 hours x 7 days. I personally recommend getting help from site administrator as they are very helpful and response quickly. To get in touch with site administrator;
- Log in to the site.
- Click on the “Public Space” button in the top left hand corner of the site
- Click on “Forum”
- Then select the “e-revenue license portlet” category.
- Then click “Post new Thread” (just next to the search box appear in yellow color)
- Post your problem briefly giving necessary information
- Site admin will reply you within 24 hours (visit the same place to check whether you received a reply by site administrator)
So save your fuel and do it online and do not forget to share your experience in getting your first r-revenue license with us.
Latest posts by Sandun W (see all)
- The Success Story of Soma Edirisinghe - December 19, 2013
- “Abhinayana Sampath-Ratna Rangabhumika” Drama Festival - December 17, 2013
- How to get your Revenue License Online – A step by step description - December 16, 2013